Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Procrastination and The Lack of Productivity


     Well it has been almost two months since I have posted anything for this blog. I knew this would happen. I told myself I would do better this time, actually keep it semi up to date. I see how well that's been going. Anyway, I wish I could be saying I've been thinking of the meaning of life, what we're all really here for, how I've changed someone's life, however I can't. I have just been going to classes for a few weeks now. I know, that's so exciting. I'm a big procrastinator, if there was an award for it, I would get it. No doubt about it. 
    I don't know why I procrastinate so much, I'm just...naturally that way. Oh, and my mom is one too. That probably has something to do with it. I think another reason is because I feel I should write something meaningful here, something people will remember or ponder, like I should have some great insight to share to the world. I do not however, at least at the moment. I'm working on it. Kind of, when I'm not procrastinating.

     The lack of productivity... Story of my life, it goes hand in hand with procrastination. We were talking about this in my Interpersonal Communications class actually. About how people are always on the move, always doing something, never just hanging out or watching movies because there are more important things to do. At least that's what some people think. I have been kind of working on a story called To Know That You're Alive. Great title, right? Unfortunately I didn't think of it, I got it from Kutless' album and song title. I guess I can share my novel idea here. I highly doubt anyone would want to "steal" it.

     Alyssa is a sophomore in college (go figure, as am I) that is in Colorado. She has friends, goes to classes, watches movies, you know, typical stuff.  She has done sports all her life since she was a kid. Alyssa is also a big risk taker and very outspoken. The sports she's done have always given her a rush of adrenaline, like she was really existing and her life wasn't just a dream. They made her feel she was "really" alive.  
     However, when an event happens and she's stuck in a hospital, she won't be able to do sports for a while. No sports=Alyssa being very upset and lifeless. Once she gets better she begins doing sports again continuously. The rush feeling is gone though and she's left unsatisfied and numb. We will find out how far exactly Alyssa will go to get that feeling back.

     There you have it. I got the inspiration from a song called "Those Days You Felt Alive". Nice title again, hmm? Yeah, I like it. The inspiration mostly just came from the title. I can't think of anything else that inspired my idea. Anyway, I've had this idea since August. It's been a while, I know... I was going to try to write it for Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) but I just didn't have the desire. I've made progress in getting ready to write the story though, yes, more procrastination. I'm still figuring out details and researching and such. I've also been thinking about some other possible stories and story ideas. But yes...that does it for this entry. I will try to update sooner next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment